CST 438 - Week 2 Learning Journal - Introduction to React

This week I learned the basics of React and how it is used to build user interfaces for web applications. One of the biggest concepts I learned is that React is component-based, which means you can break a website into smaller, reusable pieces called components. I also learned about JSX, which allows you to write HTML-like code inside JavaScript, making it easier to build and organize the user interface. We also explored how components can display dynamic data using props and how React updates the page efficiently when data changes.

In my opinion, one of React's biggest strengths is that it makes it easier to build large and interactive web applications by reusing components instead of rewriting the same code. This can save time and make projects easier to maintain. Another strength is its fast performance because React only updates the parts of the page that change instead of reloading the entire page.

One weakness of React is that it has a learning curve, especially for beginners. There are many new concepts to understand, such as components, state, props, and hooks, which can feel overwhelming at first. React also focuses only on the user interface, so developers often need to learn additional libraries for things like routing or state management when building larger applications.

Overall, I enjoyed learning about React this week. Although it seems challenging at first, I can already see how its component-based structure makes building modern web applications more organized and efficient. I am looking forward to learning more about React and becoming more comfortable using it in future projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CST 349 - Week 4 Learning Journal

CST 349 - Week 5 Learning Journal

CST349 Week 2 - Learning Journal